When you take on a Nanny, you become an employer and have to calculate their tax and National Insurance for your employee, with all the legal and financial responsibilities that entails.
Whilst not particularly difficult, these are time-consuming and bureaucratic, and unless you are familiar with the details of PAYE, offer many opportunities to make mistakes. HM Revenue and Customs applies penalties even to inexperienced employers who are late with their paperwork and payments.
Why not let us take the headaches out of paying your Nanny, with our low-cost payroll management service?
For a small annual fee (£4.00 per week) you will be able to avoid the many pitfalls associated with running your own PAYE scheme and will be able to rest assured that you are complying fully with all relevant legislation. Your Nanny can also be assured that their pay and tax are being properly and promptly calculated and dealt with.
If you currently operate your own payroll or are with another agency you can transfer across to our service at any time. You don’t have to wait until the start of a new tax-year as it’s possible to move everything across mid-year. In addition to our normal registration documents we would just need you to provide us with a P11 working sheet which your current provider should be able to supply you with.
If you’re planning on using childcare vouchers to pay your nanny that is no problem at all. All you need to do is let us know who your voucher provider is and we will arrange everything else.
What we do:
- Unlimited advice and support
- HM Revenue PAYE registration
- All letters and calls to and from HM Revenue dealt with on your behalf
- Monthly payslips (weekly payslips available at additional cost)
- RTI online returns
- Statutory payments (sick & maternity pay)
- Holiday entitlements
- P60 and P11d at year end, P45 (when required)
- Complexities such as nanny-shares and tax allowance splits
- Employment contract advice and contract specimens